Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Beer Labels

To start any adventure you need to begin with a name. My beer may be great to drink, it may be fun to brew and it may even turn out to the best beer the world has known.

None of this will really matter if I don't have a name to call it. A name for the brewery is essential, so I chose School Master Brewing Company.

I started brewing beer when I was in college. I still lived at my parent's house, and since my father made wine, all of the basic equipment I needed was right there for my use. A beer kit and a fresh case of commercial brew to sip while I was brewing was all I needed to buy at the time.

School Master Brewing Company was born out of my father's inspiration. He is a home wine maker and produces wine under the School House Winery label. It seemed only fitting to carry on the naming convention so tied to the one-room school house that I grew up in.